Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Doctor is in....

Well, this doctor is jumping on the bandwagon and joining the world of bloggers. So I guess I should start with my background. I am the oldest of five children raised by two great people. After graduating from my small country high school I went away to college then came home again. Going away didn't work for me, so I then enrolled into local college and continued to play. After marriage and divorce (and living away in California) I came back to my small city to be with my family and raise my young daughter, Susie Q. I wanted Susie Q to have the opportunity of being around family, not just me, but our extended family as well. For 12 years it was just Susie Q and myself making our way in the world. My dad talked me into going back to college when Susie Q was in the first grade. That decision eventually led me to a doctorate degree. In between that time, I met and married my wonderful husband who had a son one year older than Susie Q and we became a blended family. In the meantime I continued to work on my education finally graduating with my doctorate in Educational Psychology and Research December 2007.

Three years ago, after our two children were grown (one married and one away to college) my husband and I were blessed with the opportunity to raise my two nephews due to some unfortunate circumstances of their own parents. Franklin was a baby of 2 days when we got him while Cole was 3 years old. At first it was somewhat difficult but I think we have all adjusted. They both bring a lot of joy to our lives.

So I am still thinking about what I can contribute to the blog world. I think it will evolve as time goes by. I tend to be a quiet person so this may become my platform for things I don't feel comfortable saying in person - who knows. It may also be my platform for just letting friends and family know what is going on in our lives. I do know that it will be a challenge for me - one in finding time to write, another in sharing my life with the world, sharing my personal thoughts, etc. But I am hoping it will be fun. Until next time.....the doctor is out.

3 comments:

mimisuu said...

You go girl! Look at us high techers now! I guess we are pushing that younger generation back a little and still having our day in the sunshine!

Sarah said...

Yea!!! I'm so excited that you are blogging mom! Now, are you going to upload it on your Facebook?

Paprika said...

I didn't know you had started blogging! I'm excited! I understand about sharing your thoughts and such..it does take nerve- I got nothin' but love for you!