Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mock Swim Meet for Cole

On Tuesday Cole had his first swim meet (mock swim meet that is). The coach wanted the "new" kids to see how an actual meet would be done so they held the mock one for everyone. It was a blast - parents yelling, encouraging, and jumping with joy for their child to finish (umm, wait a minute - that parent was me!) Actually, he did ok for his first time....I was just greatful he jumped in and finished his lap!! Cole has always been a little afraid of the water and we are working very hard to help him get over this. His swim team coach is also his swim lesson instructor so that has helped a lot. I am posting a few pictures that I took of him and some others. The picture I really want is from another parent who is a professional photographer and she captured his dive beautifully in mid air (of course I didn't get that on my little ole kodak digital --- maybe Santa will bring me on of those really good cameras for Christmas).
Resting after his warm up in the water (temps were a little chilly that evening since it had been cloudy all day.
Anxiously awaiting his turn to dive in and swim. He is watching everyone else dive and swim at this point. I really was worried that he wouldn't jump in!!

On your mark, get set, and go.........ummm, yea, he did jump in!

Swim, Swim, Swim






My cheering squad!


No comments: