Friday, July 18, 2008

Rude Waitresses, Rude Managers....

I have to vent. Tonight, my friend, her son, my mom, my sister and her 3 kids, all joined myself and Franklin to have a fun Mexican meal at a local restaurant. Count us, there are nine of us!!!! Nine people and the waitress sits us at a table for six!!! We are trying to crowd in and make this work, but you can imagine how crowded it must have been. Well, I politely, let me stress that, POLITELY, asked the waitress if they could add another table or something since it was very crowded (and yes, the restaurant was crowded anyway --- it is Friday night afterall). A waiter came over and told us that he could move us to another room for a larger table so we could be more comfortable. We all stood up to move and I asked if we needed to bring our chips and salsa, silverware, etc. At this time another waitress (not involved in our service at all) turned to our waitress and said, "I feel for you having to deal with the B.......ch tonight." As you can imagine, I, along with my party, was very shocked at this behavior and it was made a little worse since the waiter turned to the butting in waitress and said that she should not talk like that in front of customers.

So, we moved to our new table and asked to speak to the manager. He came over, we explained what happened and that we did not appreciate the manner that the waitress spoke about me. THe manager then very rudely tried to explain the behavior away telling us that the waitress was not addressing our party at all. We disagreed and then he very RUDELY said, "If I went to a restaurant and I didn't like the service, then I would leave and go somewhere else." So we did!!!

We went to another Mexican restaurant in a nearby town (just a few miles down the road) and had a very lovely time.....great food, nice atmosphere, and KIND, attentive, helpful staff.

When I told sweet hubby (who is out of town this weekend) what happened he was a little more than upset and decided we had eaten our last meal at local Mexican restaurant (We ate there twice last week!).

For now the doctor is out.....trying to get over the "stuffed" feeling from her new favorite Mexican restaurant...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

No more Senor Tequila? Yes, I have no problem whatsoever calling them out. So sad! I have still yet to find a good Mexican restaurant here....shocking right?

Unknown said...

Ok, I guess I need to clear the record on this....it wasn't Sr. Tequila (thank goodness since I absolutely love that place!)....it was Los Palmos in the Otter Creek shopping center next to the Harvest Food.

Mara said...

Here's a little trick we use when we have a large party at a restaurant: We always say we have two more people than we actually have. If we have 6 we tell them we are expecting 8. ("the other two are on the way." I can't stand to go out and have to sit at a table that's crowded. It makes everything so much nicer when you have plenty of elbow room. No one's ever questioned us when we do it, but then we'd just say they changed their mind.

As for the manager...you know he has a boss too.