Monday, August 11, 2008

Abbra Cadabbra!

For the past couple of weeks Franklin has absorbed himself with action figure movies. He has watched two different Transformer movies (one a cartoon) five million times in the past week; Power Rangers movie six million times; and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles three million times! I think the content of these movies are affecting his behavior a little....


Franklin in his favorite chair watching his movie



A few weeks ago, I took him to see Kung Fu Panda and from that moment on we have had to watch him closely so that he doesn't do his own version of "kung fu" on everything and anyone around him! When visiting his aunt Mimi we caught him "kung fuing" her dog....oops! When his cousins did something he didn't like then he would kung fu them. Umm, not so good...they are quite a bit older than him! But the latest behavior is rather funny because it involves "Abbra Cadabbra-ing" everything.

Me: Franklin, please stop standing up in the chair and eat your lunch.

Franklin: ok.

Me: Franklin, I said do not stand up in that chair, do you want me to ground you from your movies?

Franklin: Abbra Cadabbra, make my mom not ground me from my movies!

Today we were having lunch with big brother, J.W., aunt Mimi, and Nana. J.W. likes to tease Franklin and "bug" him. I think Franklin had enough of the teasing when he said to J.W.:

"Abbra Cadabbra make J.W. disappear!"

Well it didn't stop J.W. so a little later we hear: "Abbra Cadabbra, let a big wind come up and blow J.W. away."

We all burst out laughing as he has said this. Franklin became upset with us and told us it wasn't funny. It seems that Abbra Cadabbra is a very serious business!



As you can see, J.W. is a very big guy, and I believe it does take serious concentration to "abbra cadabbra him away." However, I do think Franklin would miss J.W. if he really did disapprear!

For now the doctor is out....wondering if she should try "abbra cadabbra" instead of "grounding."

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Do you remember his "pow-pow" phase? Whenever we got on to him, he would "pow-pow" us!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, yes I do. Crazy kid!

mimisuu said...

Why didn't you mention the "Abra Cadabra make my Mimi and my Mom not fat anymore!"

Kate said...

Oh, that is so funny!