Monday, September 21, 2009

I am so addicted to .....

They say that addiction is in the genes....I'm thinking, yeah, they are probably right. I am so addicted to so many things right now that I don't know if I am coming or going....should I go through a 12 step program to get over some of this or just let it be?

I am addicted to this:

I broke this habit last year....I was so proud of myself....then I became stressed over some things and picked it back up.

I am also addicted to all things quilting and sewing. I love spending time working on projects, I just wish I had more time to devote to it.....

A quilt for Gracie

A quilt for Hayden

A quilt for Sarah
I have also made quilts for Caleb and others

Well, you can't sew or make quilts without this
so I am also addicted to these because you have to have wonderful
fabrics to sew with:
I can spend hours and hours at Pinwheel Fabrics, Joann's or Stitching Post....just wish I had an unlimited budget to buy all that I would like too!!!

Someimes I think of myself as a "fabric junkie"
I just can't live without beautiful, fun fabrics to create with!!

And, I guess I need to confess and add this addiction too:

Reading and Book Group Night.....ahhhhh....
Unfortunately, I have over 200 books on my reading list
I wonder if I will ever get to all of them in this life time.....

And then there is anything and everything NYC:

I love the skyline from the Brooklyn Bridge!!
I love going to the theatre and meeting celebrities...it is a blast to stand at the stage door after a performance hoping you can get the autograph and/or the picture...I have to say Piper Perabo (Coyote Ugly, Cheaper by the Dozen, Because I said So.) was extremely nice to talk with and very generous with her time.
You can't go wrong while shopping in NYC....gotta love Macy's and most especially Canal Street home of the knockoffs.....yes, I buy them, yes, I carry them, yes, I LOVE them!!!

I am sooooo addicted to skiing. I MUST go at least one time a year. I WISH I could go every weekend!!!! Ummm, I think I need to move out West to the mountains and snow.....

And then in the summer, I LOVE going to the beach with my family....

But in order to get to my other favorite places I have to use this to appease the addiction:

London, Spain, Bahamas, Mexico, Canada, Grand Cayman, Jamaica and so many more places I want to go to....that is why I am so glad I am a researcher who presents her work.....next summer Ireland and England here I come!!!

But more than anything I am addicted to this:

my boys Josh & Caleb
My sweet granddaughter - Gracie
My handsome grandson - Hayden
and their beautiful mom - Erica
and I am also addicted to this:

My beautiful daughter - Sarah with my sweet Caleb
and this:
My rock....my sweet hubby....my biggest fan..
Cecil with our sweet Caleb
So I really don't think I can live without my addictions.....they are such an important part of
my life and what makes me me.....

For now the doctor is out.......thinking maybe some addictions are really not so bad!!!!

3 comments:

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

I love this blog! Those are my kind of addictions. :)

Sarah said...

That was a sweet blog! But we are gonna work on those drinks when I come home....

Unknown said...

you have a great life!