Thursday, October 15, 2009

Girls Gone Wild (Um, I mean Girls Night Out) - Pottery Fun

The doctor went to her first pottery GNO a couple of weeks ago and really loved it!!!  When I got there I was not sure of what I wanted to work on so I looked through every thing as well as some books with ideas.  It was really hard to decide since it was the first part of October and people are thinking Halloween stuff but I don't usually have trick or treaters so the Halloween bowl was kind of out for me.  So I finally settled on just an average bowl that I could paint in some sort of creative way that I might place on my dining room table depending on the outcome. 

Now, you need to understand that pottery night only includes picking out a piece that has already been created and you finish it by painting it then having it fired.  So my creativity is actually limited to the painting to make it look decent......

Whatever the outcome of the piece.....it was an absolute fun evening of sharing ideas, laughing with friends and just relaxing!!! 


The Doctor working on her piece of art!


I painted the inside a yellow and the outside a red
 (hence the colors of my dining room)


To jazz it up I had the nice instructor hand draw the squirls on the inside and outside.
 And then I painted them with the opposite color.


This is what the piece looks like before it is fired.

Outside of bowl will be the red with yellow squirls.


TA DA!!!!  The finished product!!! 
I think it turned out rather nicely..





Can't wait to put something fun in it ... you know like candy!!!

I am really looking forward to my next pottery night!!! 
Between pottery, sewing, quilting, scrapbooking....
I will be consistently and constantly broke from now on!!!


For now the doctor is out.....planning her next creative adventure!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ooooh! I LOVE it! Seriously very cute!