Monday, February 4, 2008

Fever Up, Fever Down, Fever Up....

Franklin has become a very independent 3 ½ year old. He doesn’t think he should give kisses and hugs at request anymore. But darn it, he is just so cute that I want to give him kisses and hugs all the time. He knows how much I want to hug and kiss him; so, when daddy walks in he makes a dash to shower him with kisses and hugs then turns to me saying “I gave your kisses to daddy” with his most devious smile. Franklin knows he is crushing my heart when he does this!!!


For the past few days Franklin has been sick. He has an up and down fever. When Franklin is sick he climbs into my lap and wants me to hold him - - all day! He refuses to be put down on the bed or on the sofa. I must hold him in my lap with his blankee wrapped around him. Now, while I am holding him the laundry doesn’t get done, nor does the vacuuming, or anything else for that matter. In fact, it is amazing the meals are even fixed. But I don’t mind because while he is in my lap cuddling with me I get to give him kisses and hugs and he loves them. I hate that he is sick but I love taking advantage of it. Until next time, the doctor is out……cuddling, hugging, and kissing her sick child.

No comments: