Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Is it Leonard, Bob, or Lizzie????

I walked downstairs to my office this morning and found this:



During the chaos of finding the lizard my daughter Sarah called me on my cell phone......to unintentionally add more chaos!!!  How could Sarah add chaos to the already chaotic situation, well let me tell you.....

When it rains at our house or the cold sets in we tend to get lizards....they slither their way into our downstairs (which is my office and Caleb's playroom that used to be Sarah's bedroom).   Last year while Sarah was staying with us she would name the lizards she found in her room.....Larry, Liza, Lisa, etc.  

This is what happened this morning after discovering the lizard:

Caleb:  I can get my bug catcher and keep him as my pet!!
Me:  Absolutely not!!!
Phone rings.  It is Sarah.  I explain to her what is going on.
Sarah:  Is it Larry?  Has he come back?
Me: No, this is BIG!!!
Caleb:  It's real big and his name is Bob!!
Sarah: No, you cant' name him Bob, it's Leonard!!!
Caleb:  laughing, no I am naming him Bob and he is my pet!
Me: He is not a pet and he is leaving!!! 
Sarah:  laughing hysterically, you have to name him  Leonard!!
Me:  I have to get dad in here to get rid of him!
Caleb: No, I want to keep him in my bug catcher and name him Bob.
Sarah:  Caleb, you have to name him Leonard.
Me:  Stop naming him he is leaving!!!!!!
Me:  Sarah I have to go so I can get in touch with dad to get rid of him....click

So I call sweet hubby and tell him to get in the house as soon as he can!!! Thank goodness he was here today!!   He comes into the house LAUGHING.......I am so confused...

Me: Why are you laughing?
SH: I guess you found the lizard.
Me: YOU KNEW THERE WAS A LIZARD IN MY OFFICE!!!!!!!!!
SH:  I tried to get him out a couple of days ago but he got away from me.
Caleb:  His name is BOB!!!  And I want him for my pet!!!
Me:  Get that lizard out of here NOW!!!
SH to Caleb: You are naming him Bob?  That is a good name!!

As sweet hubby is catching the lizard and letting it go far away in our yard, Caleb looks at me and says, you know mom, he might be a Lizzy....


For now the doctor is out......searching online to find out how to keep slithering Larry, Lisa, Liza, Leonard, Bob or Lizzie out of my office!!!!

No comments: