Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Baby Redneck

This past Saturday sweet hubby took Franklin four-wheelin'! They were invited by a group of people that sweet hubby does some business with from time to time. This was to be a "family" outing with these guys bringing their "women" and "kiddos." I however, passed on the adventure so that I could have a little time to do my own thang - scrapbookin' with some of my favorite people!

Now, don't get me wrong....I LOVE TO GO ATV 4-WHEELING!!!! But I was somewhat cautious in this particular adventure since I do suffer from social anxiety and being around people I am not familiar with gives me extreme social anxiety! But my not coming along didn't prevent sweet hubby and Franklin from going and having a great time!!

Sweet hubby did make a mistake in telling Franklin ahead of time about the adventure.....so everyday for two weeks "are we going 4-wheelin' today?" was what we heard constantly!! But, that also gave them time to prepare for the adventure. I mean, you have to plan what snacks you are taking, what drinks you want to take, you have to make sure you have your gear together - helmets, glasses, boots, ice chests, ect. Well, Franklin had his helmet and glasses (aka: swim goggles) laying out on our dining room table for at least a week awaiting this big adventure. But more importantly sweet hubby had to figure out a way to make riding comfortable for both himself and Franklin. Previously Franklin would sit in the front of sweet hubby with one arm holding him and the other driving the ATV. Sweet hubby just didn't want to do this on an 80 mile ATV ride, so something else needed to be done to help with the situation. Hence a car seat attached to back of the ATV!!!!!





Now they were ready to roll! Unfortunately for them, they come upon the shooting victim (http://www.katv.com/news/stories/0908/551534.html) and had to send the "women and kiddos" back down to the main road so sweet hubby and the others could help these people get the police etc. So their day started off pretty bad.

But on to the ride. Franklin and sweet hubby had a good time once the other stuff was taken care of. They went through mud holes, up hills, down hills, over rocks, etc. Then they stopped for lunch and even made time for Franklin to explore for bugs and catepillars!

"Oh yea, that's my men!"


Can't have a 4-wheelin' trip without a few bugs


What a way to eat your lunch!


A look at the group they went with.

Well, needless to say my guys had a fun trip inspite of the morning tragedy and I had a great day scrappin' with my own friends.

For now the doctor is out....wondering when she will get the time to scrap all of the pictures of those two rip roaring thru the mud in all their glory!

2 comments:

mimisuu said...

The real thing is soooo not what I had pictured. It's even worse! What a mind your hubby has to come up with all these neat contraptions. It might not be pretty but it did the job. I'm just surprised there was no visible duct tape anywhere.

Bailey said...

Oh my gosh, that is so funny and at the same time very smart! It's been a while since we've gone four wheeling but that would have come in handy. Micha said that is way cool.