Monday, September 22, 2008

The Franklin Diaries - Part One continued...

When Franklin and I finished our nap on Saturday we walked around the corner and bought a few groceries (yes, diet coke!!). Not really thinking about this I really didn't pay attention to how much I bought so I ended up carrying several very heavy bags back to the apt. and proceeded to have fingers almost severed off from carrying the heavy bags!!!!


Then it was off to meet Sarah at S'mac for dinner.....only in NYC would there be a restaurant devoted to mac and cheese (with some pizza). What fun!


Franklin was so HAPPY to see his sister!!!! He proceded to catch her up on the past nine months in an hour and a half.......silly Franklin!!! I think he was afraid that he only had that one night there.

The mac and cheese......ummmmm soooooooooo goooood!!!

Caleb ordered the classic American and Cheddar with NO bread crumbs. I love how it is brought out in an iron skillet......extemely hot, but oh, so yummy!

Sarah and I got the 4-cheese.........delectable.......in heaven!!!!!

As you can see we didn't waste any of it!!!


After dinner we walked about a mile beside Central Park West (needed to work off that mac n cheese) then found the subway home, only when we made a transfer we jumped on the wrong train and ended up at Yankee Stadium so Sarah said, it is only a few blocks we can walk home (a few blocks my aching feet!) It was a mile! So I got in a two mile walk for the day!!! Here are some pictures of Franklin on the subway and of Yankee Stadium (which held their last game in the stadium on Sunday evening- next year they will play in a new stadium).






Yankee Stadium at night.

Franklin had it easy for this mile walk!

I think I walked my feet off the first day here.

For now the doctor is out......wondering if these blisters will heal soon.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

My mama lies! After S'mac we only walked about 14 blocks (20 blocks are a mile) and I told her that Yankee Stadium was a twenty minute walk from my house (that is about a mile). I gave her fair warning!