Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Franklin Diaries - Part Three

Ok, so after my Brooklyn Bridge experience, I had to re coup on Monday morning!! We were lazy until around noon when we ventured out to find the American Museum of Natural History or as Franklin put it "the dinosaur musim." He was extremely excited to go see the dinosaurs -- I don't think he realized that they had other things there as well but he found out!
At the subway stop for the museum there are dinosaur images throughout so we had to get a picture by one but I don't think you can really tell what it is!!


Before hitting the museum we needed lunch.....I mean I lost 20 lbs walking the bridge and I really don't want to spend all my extra money on new smaller clothes so I really felt I should just endulge in more food and more food (that comes later ; - ) ). So we found a pizza place and dug in!!!



This is Franklin eyeing a squirrel....he really wants to chase it! That has been his thing here....chasing everything....birds, squirrels, pigeons......you name it he tries to chase it or catch it!



















We finally made it to the museum (after another 10 mile walk - I'm sure!)




We looked at the African mammals first, then the Asian mammals, and finally found the dinosaurs!!! Franklin went super crazy - he was sooooooo excited to see these. He moved through the exhibits pretty fast and then went through them again so as not to miss anything!








This is one of Sarah's famous self-portrait pictures of the three of us!!










This is Franklin touching a "dinosaur egg."




So we are getting ready to leave the museum and I wanted to make absoulutley sure that I didn't miss Teddy Roosevelt on the horse (you know from THe Night at the Museum) and was so dissappointed to find out that it was only a prop based on the statue in front of the museum of Teddy Roosevelt on the horse.

All in all a very fun day!

For now the doctor is out......wondering what will in store for tomorrow...(actually I already know since I am behind on blogging, but you don't know!)

No comments: