Tuesday, September 16, 2008

time out for ME

This past weekend I went to a women's conference called Time Out for Women with four of my good friends. We had an absolute blast on the ride up, during, and on the ride home! It was so fun spending time with them. Sometimes we laughed so hard that our sides were hurting or our faces were hurting. I loved every minute of my time with them.

For the past couple of years I have been so busy taking care of Franklin and dealing with loss that I really haven't taken time out for me. I have learned that this is something that is really important not only for myself but for my family. So I decided to make the absolute most out of this trip....it wasn't a business conference so I didn't have to work while there; it wasn't a family trip so I didn't have to take care of anyone while there; IT WAS MY TIME FOR ME!!!

On our way up to St. Louis we stopped for a late lunch at Lamberts - Home of the Thrown Roll -- which is a fun place because they have great food and the best homemade yeast rolls this side of the Mississippi!!!! I love their yeast rolls and they will bring around a container of Sorgum Molasses for your rolls.....can I just say abosulte heaven!





Once we checked into our room we ordered room service and just chilled....one of my favorite things to do!!! We watched a little of the history channel since it was the anniversary of 9/11 and then we talked, laughed, talked, and laughed some more. THe things I know......ummmmm nah, I'm not sharing that!

The next day we all went down to the spa for a relaxing massage. I LOVE GETTING A MASSAGE!!!!! This was a fun way to do that as well; after our treatments they brought us out to a lounge area to sip fruit water and relax some more or just talk. Here are some pictures of our spa day. (Ignore the wonderful spa hair and face!!!)







Another wonderful thing about the Time Out for Women was that I got to meet Jane Clayson who used to be on CBS This Morning (with Bryant Gumbel). I love Jane!!!




It was a great weekend of fun and laughter!!! You know the old saying "What happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas" well, I must say that what happened in St. Louis MUST stay in St. Louis!!!! OR at least in regards to that game of "Truth or Dare" we played on our drive home.......ummm, yeah, you know what I'm talkin bout!

For now the doctor is out....wondering how soon it will be until the next girls weekend of time out for ME!!!

4 comments:

anushka said...

INTERESTING.I AM DR.VRAJESH FROM INDIA FOLLOWING YOUR BLOG.THANK YOU..

Unknown said...

Well well well......

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...I can't believe you got to meet Jane!! I have always LOVED her, but LOVE her even more after listening to her! Sarah and I listened to her book all the way home. LOVE HER, LOVE HER!!! Sounds like you ladies had a lot of fun! You deserved it! It was great to see you!

Unknown said...

I know, isn't she great?!!!! I bought her book and she signed it for me! I am going to read it while I am on my trip next week.